Document Purge Services
The first practical step in preparing for your purge service is to implement a document disposal and retention policy.
Review these tips on how to start a successful policy for purge shredding:
- Assign a group to oversee the policy creation process. Providing authority and responsibility to a group spreads duties among a larger number of people, reducing any conflict of interest.
- Knowing exactly what is in your backup recovery system or archive, offers an excellent starting point to decide what actions, if any, need to take place prior to implementing the protocol.
- Be certain you understand what can be destroyed, what should be securely retained, and for how long as outlined under federal and state laws.
- Keep most records for less than a year – generally speaking, financial documents can be shred after a year, but specific tax records should be stored securely for up to seven years for compliance purposes.
- Consider cleaning out your filing cabinets once a year to remain on top of your document management
- If you are feeling overwhelmed with the volume of records in your desks and filing cabinets, make it easy on yourself and purge one area at a time. Breaking down these tasks is an efficient way to accomplish a clean-out without feeling stressed.
- Implement specific guidelines for determining how to destroy documents that are to be professionally shred.
- Communicate the new purge shredding policies to your employees. This is crucial in establishing a successful process; failing to educate your staff on the details will negatively impact its effectiveness, especially if only a few are aware of the process.
After you’ve implemented your policy and have your documents ready for shredding, the rest is easy with our professional team.
AMS Store and Shred specializes in providing customized Document Management Services that allow businesses to comply with legislation and ensures that confidential business information is kept secure at all times. AMS Store and Shred adheres to strict rules and regulations to make sure that all information is kept confidential while in transit from your facility to our document shredding facility. AMS Store and Shred offers document purge services at the convenience of the customer.
- Services offered monthly, yearly, or as needed
- We pick up secured documents from your office, warehouse or storage facility
- Storage boxes can be picked up or 95 gallon totes can be filled with documents
- Locked 95 gallon totes are scanned for security purposes
- The scanner is signed by an authorized employee at your facility and a Work Order/ Certificate of Destruction is provided
- Storage boxes and/or locked 95 gallon totes are transported in our GPS monitored trucks and brought to our highly secured facility for destruction
- Materials are destroyed within 24 to 72 hours unless otherwise specified