The volume of x-ray film naturally declined as the industry transitioned to a digital environment. As a result of those changes in technology, the number of film processors and dealers in the industry will continue to decline year after year.
What’s At Risk?
As refiners and dealers close their doors, customers stand to lose their valued partners and reimbursement for their silver.
• Within the above major trend lies a secondary trend regarding product mix
• As the amount of dryview film has increased over time, it has caused a backlog due to the extended processing time for this type of material
• The market will be flooded with unprocessed film with estimates of up to 15 million pounds
• Those who have locked in processing capacity will have an enormous advantage over their competitors
• Don’t find yourself on the wrong side of this capacity war
• In this environment, it’s even more important to ensure that you are ONLY doing business with companies that have extensive references, check those references and be sure to document all due diligence. This is Protected Health Information (PHI) after all.
• Insist on a plant tour (think HIPAA breach prevention). Even with our tight security, AMS welcomes scheduled plant tours for your piece of mind. Does your current vendor? Seeing is believing, don’t be deceived!
• All x-ray records are destroyed at our secure facility in accordance with our NAID AAA Certification (AAA is the highest security level achieved within NAID).
• Nearly a quarter of a century ago, AMS began doing business with Eastman Kodak Company, now Rochester Silver Works, LLC (RSW); they process millions of troy ounces of silver worth hundreds of millions of dollars annually. The sheer size of Rochester Silver Works, LLC dwarfs other film refiners which is why they are the most financially secure film refiner in the world.
• AMS has been in business for 35 years and working with RSW for more than 20 years. As their top producer of exposed x-ray film, AMS has the ability to offer its customers great rates and more importantly a much higher degree of financial stability and unmatched security certifications.